Sunday, March 21, 2010

What's HOT HOT HOT!

This isn't so much a D.I.Y project, but it kind of can be if you are someone who is looking for a change and not sure what they like or want. Hopefully this will inspire you.

I'm sure some of you are very aware of these new yummy things. I love all the new looks and trends. Well, ok I don't love all of them. I could do without the big flowers, but to each his own.

Natural wood in all forms is everywhere. It's green and sustainable, and looks good with all different styles.


Love this Chunky Table from West Elm


The next trend or look that's big is the feminine and botanical look. I'm glad, because I have a secret love of bird cages.


Ruffles galore! We're seeing these everywhere in womens clothing and it now has made it's way into home furnishings and decor!

The big flower! Ok, so this is not my favorite look, but the few example I did pick here I like and can be used in everyday home.

What? Roots and flowers on curtains? Charming!
Homemade Grandma quilts! So comfy and you don't have to pay and arm and leg at Pottery Barn if inherit one from your sweet grandma.


I SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST! YELLOW AND GREY! This has been growing in popularity for the past 2 years, and now you can't open a Magazine without see this glorious combination! "Grey is the New Brown!"
Anthropolgie
WestElm
CB2

CB2




You can find these looks at West Elm, Pottery Barn, CB2, Anthropologie

2 comments:

Framed said...

I love the yellow leather couch, the quilts and the round wood table. I like the looks of bird cages but don't want to ever have to dust them. I like the look of yellow and gray together, but I doubt if it is something that I would want in my own home, still I love that yellow couch.

The Walker clan said...

I love wood on the floor...I have my eye on two big petrified wood stups my mom has for myself oneday!