Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Craft of the Week- Decorating with Paper

This weeks project is late (due to illness) but still a good one! It comes for Studio 5, a local Utah television talk show. They always have great crafts, recipes, gardening tips and more!
Below: "Trend Alert" Fruit is Chic again!
Take a deep, shadow box like picture frame, it has to be doubled paned. You can find at most craft stores. Pick your favorite paper for the back drop.
Next, Using a Cricut machine or stencil or exacto knife, cut out a shape of fruit, using a solid color like shown.
Really simple! If you want to see a video, click http://studio5.ksl.com/ then click on the "projects" tab. Bare with me while I learn how to eventually post the videos here.
This week's project is all about using paper! I love decorative paper so much, even though I'm not a scrapbooker, so because I'm not, I wanted to find a way I could incorporate it in my home. Below are some ways I've used paper, and very cost effective too I might add.
Just simply framing coordinating paper.
Mod-podging a cardboard letter for my son's room. These big letters can be found at JoAnn's.


This is actually a tear out of a calander I loved. Most calenders are coordinating, for example I have one now that is all pictures of Paris. When I'm done with it I plan on framing the ones I love to create a wall grouping.

Above and Below: Decorative paper I just happened to love so I took them to a framing store and had them mount them on foam board and cut them out for me so they'd have nice straight edges. Cost, .75 cents each!








No comments: